I am a freelance 3D artist with a leaning towards anime/toon styles and character modeling. When I have something useful to show or teach, I post about it here. I post WIPs and updates on the Facebook page.
I started using Blender in June 2013 with the goal of developing an art style and production pipeline that would allow me to efficiently illustrate a graphic novel in 3D. I was immediately attracted to Blender's non-photorealism capabilities, including shaders, compositing effects, and Freestyle line art. But my main attraction to 3D over traditional 2D illustration is its ability to accurately handle elements that are difficult for humans to calculate like perspective, complex shading and lighting, consistency of geometry across many panels, etc. I want to combine the accuracy of 3D art, and the many tools developed for photorealism, with stylization and toon effects.
- Blender for rendering (Cycles + Freestyle), materials, modeling, sculpting, weight painting, rigging, skinning, etc
- MakeHuman for base character bodies
- Marvelous Designer for clothing and cloth simulation
- Substance Painter for texture painting
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for various texture and image prep
- Rigging, Skinning, and Weight Painting
- Materials: Physically based and Toon
- Non-Photorealistic rendering (NPR), post processing, and outlining
- Cloth modeling and simulation
- Look development and consulting for next-gen NPR, Toon, Graphic Novel, and Anime Styles
- Workflow, asset management, and production pipeline development for 3D graphic novels
The best way to contact me is through Facebook, or by emailing aVersionOfReality at gmail dot com
Feel free to contact me for help or support. I am also available for hire